Monday, February 2, 2009

Girls Day Out

On saturday morning; Bev, Kamie and I all went to Provo to celebrate Kamie's birthday which was on Sunday. I was feeling sick and sore before Bev came and got me and the car ride was not fun(get car sick) But just hanging out with them again was totally worth it. See before we all got married we used to work at Stewart's Market together in Roosevelt. We became really close friends and would go out with each other all the time. These are the kind of friends that you miss when you aren't around them and even if you don't do anything with them for months on end, they are still there for you. Then Bev and Kamie got engaged and I quit Stewart's and we did less with each other. We still hung out together, but it was harder because Kamie's guy did not like me or my family very much. So a lot of times we would plan something and then at the last minute she would back out. I figured it was her guy finding out that I was going and wouldn't let her come. Honestly don't know if it was true or not, but that's how I felt. Then they both got married, and Bev moved to Salt Lake(okay it was Bountiful). We still did things together, but it ususally centered around birthdays and Harry Potter movies(okay Bev and me have seen every harry potter movie together but the first two) And I hardly saw Kamie at all and we lived in the same town. Then last year, I got engaged and married, Bev moved back home and Kamie kicked her guy to the curb. We were like we can do more things together yeah!!! That isn't what happened.If you know me, you know that I am not the best keeper upper. So Bev called me a week ago to ask what we were going to do with Kamie for her birthday. We throw around ideas, disguarding them. then we hit on a fact. Bev and I were married and Kamie was not. I so totaly remember feeing the fifth wheel, so we decided to ditch the husbands(sorry, honey-Love you!) Then the plan began to take shape. Kamie likes shopping, let's go shopping. Let's go to Park City outlets, how about Provo Mall(okay it's acutally the mall on Universarty, and I had a motive-Pretzel maker's pretzel bites). When we stopped to get Kamie and I saw how happy she was, if I was dying, legs cut off, whatever I was glad we decided to go. We talked all the way in to Provo-if you know me, then you know that this is quite the thing, I usually sleep. We talked about family, friends, dating, husbands, jobs, ect. It was great to catch up. We got to the mall, and guess what the first thing we buy is? Pretzel bites. We looked at shops, bought stuff. Totally rocked Kamie's world by having her make a bear at Build a Bear. We ate at a Chinese Buffet and then we went to Cosco. It's evil there! It was sample day! Really, we had just as much fun there as we did at the mall. I bought myself a magic bullet blender. The box is so pretty. I can't wait to use it. Smoothies, here I come. Then we headed home. Again we talked about a variety of things. One thing we decided was to try to make girls day/night/morning/afternoon/whatever out a monthly thing at least. So we are going to try. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment