Tuesday, February 10, 2009

After Thought

Ever feel like an after thought? Lately I have been feeling more and more like one. Maybe it's because I am sick and I am not a good sick person. I am feeling snappy and cross. But back to the after thought. Have you ever been sitting there while people make plans around you and you finally get ask the question "Is that okay with you?" and you are like "What? I thought you were tallking about the kids or something." and then you are kind of in a tight spot. It refuse to go along will make you be the 'meanie' and if you agree, you are stuck doing things that you don't want to do. I am the totally after thought in my family-come on fam, don't deny it. I learned a long time ago to fight my battles. Which when I do, usually the people I am fighting are like 'Are you sick?' See what I mean. I am not allowed to act out of character. I'm the one that agrees with everyone and the one who will do things that no one else wants too. My opinion is asked last and it is just assumed that I will do it. I have a hard time with this because that my ideas are usually left back burner until someone else has the same idea I had three months ago. Then I hear about how so and so said this and it is so great. Then I point out that I said the same thing months ago. 'No you didn't' 'Yes I did' No, I would have remembered' 'No you just don't listen to me.' It's like my voice is set on mute. People see my lips moving but no sound is coming out. So I am formal protesting for the After Thoughts! Let our voices be turned on! Is that okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment